Here is Shanon, Melanie and Amy. Friends sent away to L.A. for some St. Jude pacemaker training. We did get some training in but we also had a whole lot of fun!!!!

This is the first night we flew in. Guy from
Medtronic pacemakers was on the same flight as us so we got a ride with him down to the pier by Hollywood. It was way cool. It had a
Ferris wheel, roller coaster and carnival games. We ate at
Bubba Gumps that night. The food and atmosphere was great even after guy spilled his drink all over! In this picture you can see in our hands some rolled up paper. There was an
Asian on the pier
writing names out of animals.
It is hard to describe but it looked neat. We all ended up buying 1 or 2 at $1.00 a letter. The guy made $70.00 off us in 10 minutes. I think I need to rethink my line of work!!!

This is the second day. We hit the beach and did a ton of shopping. It was freezing this day but I had to go stick my feet in. My dream is to retire and be a beach bum! We drove down rodeo drive (we were staying 2 blocks from it) but bought everything on the beach walk. We ate lunch with Guy again this day at a seafood shop by the beach it was really
nummy until I spilled my drink!!!

For the most part we were drove around in a limo! This is Amy, Shanon and Brian (the St, Jude rep we can thank for our learning experience) in our limo. That night we went to eat at a place called
Asia DE Cuba. It was the nicest
restaurant I've been to. It was on Hollywood BLVD. It was great food even after Shanon spilled her drink!! After dinner we cruised around and walked down the walk of stars I found Patty Dukes star! We tried to get into the House of Blues but there was some private party going on!

The next day we got up bright and early and headed for St. Jude to do our training. We learned a lot and it was way interesting.
The staff at St. Jude were fabulous. The facility was
amazing. We walked through the plant where the pacemakers are made and then went through a pretty extensive training on interrogating pacers.

After training our awesome limo driver took us to see the HOLLYWOOD sign. This is a picture of the limo and the sign you just can't see the sign!!
We had so much fun and I think it is about time to go do some more training. This time I am hoping for Cancun! What? a girl can dream!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home